Learning Journalism in India

Hello, welcome to my blog. I am a student of Journalism. Through my blog, I'll try to share with you the knowledge that I gain on various aspects related to the noble profession. I hope you'll enjoy going through my blog posts. Happy reading:-)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jitender Kumar and Vijender Kumar

In a few minutes from now Jitender Kumar would be fighting it out with Georgy Balakshin for a place in the Semi-finals. A bit later, Vijender Kumar would also be moving a step closer to an Olympic medal. He has to battle it out with Carlos Gongora. As an Indian, I surely wish them well and would rejoice in their victory at the Olympics.

The performance of boxers like Akhil Kumar, Jitender Kumar and Vijender Kumar has definitely generated a lot of interest in the sport of Boxing in India. Now, Indian fans are at ease with terms like Flyweight (51KG) and Flyweight (75 KG).

You must be wondering, "What's the connection between the Indian boxers and learning journalism?" It's quite simple; get the spelling right! Yes, I find on the internet that a few websites are spelling the boxers name as, "Vijendra" and "Jitendra". I consulted the Telegraph and the Times of India, it should be "Vijender" Kumar and "Jitender" Kumar.

Oh no!! Jitender Kumar lost. But he did put up a brave fight. He's still a hero for us. Now all eyes will be on the Vijender Kumar vs. Carlos Gongora bout. So far only Abhinav Bindra and Sushil Kumar have managed to win medals for India at the Olympics.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home