Learning Journalism in India

Hello, welcome to my blog. I am a student of Journalism. Through my blog, I'll try to share with you the knowledge that I gain on various aspects related to the noble profession. I hope you'll enjoy going through my blog posts. Happy reading:-)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Competing against the Indian Media

Today, I tried my hand at some personalized reporting of India's achievements at the Olympics. Sushil Kumar, the wrestler, won a bronze medal for India and Vijender Kumar has ensured that India gets at least one more medal at the Olympics. A great day for India and a significant day for me on a personal level.

I tried to compete against the Indian Media, in trying to be the first to "break" the news about India's victories. How far have I succeeded in achieving it? Well, let me just say that I have been able to generate twice the traffic for my blog than what I normally get. I guess the Indian media will be perturbed if I start "breaking news" more often!

It has been a hectic 2nd half for me. But it's been loads of fun. Whenever I get an off day, I'll surely be trying my hand at some first hand reporting. I'll try not to be "delirious", as someone pointed out by posting a comment on my blog.

Today, by the way, was an unofficial holiday owing to the CITU enforced bandh in India. The City of Joy, Kolkata, has been particularly affected by it. Some of the IT companies in Kolkata had asked their employees to stay back, to be able to function normally on the bandh day. But I have been lucky in that respect.

One of my sub-editor friends in Hyderabad, who works for the Times of India, just called me up and talked about how hectic her work schedule is. It's certainly quite hectic to be in the field of journalism.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home