Learning Journalism in India

Hello, welcome to my blog. I am a student of Journalism. Through my blog, I'll try to share with you the knowledge that I gain on various aspects related to the noble profession. I hope you'll enjoy going through my blog posts. Happy reading:-)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan's Blog and the Indian Media

Over the last month or two, I have been visiting Amitabh Bachchan's blog on a regular basis. It's surely interesting to observe the evolution of Mr. Bachchan's blogs. The actor took to blogging with a specific purpose in mind, that of countering all kinds of accusations leveled against him and his family. He has been greatly successful in achieving that purpose.

40 Years of Tolerance

For the last 40 years, Amitabh Bachchan had been maintaining a stoic silence over all kinds of accusations made by the Indian media. But now he has decided to give vent to his feelings and has chosen the medium of blogs to answer all his critics, particularly journalists from the Indian media. The Indian media has not stopped accusing him of malpractices, but Amitabh Bachchan has managed to convince his fans of the media's indulgence in false reporting and spreading rumours about him.

Bharati Dubey

Bharati Dubey of the Times of India has failed to stand up to the power of Amitabh Bachchan's pen. She's not alone. Many of the other reputed, Indian media journalists had to meet a similar fate. What has made Amitabh Bachchan's blog so popular with the Indian fans? The answer to that question, I'll discuss in my next blog!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Bachchan continues to add to his legend and all the more remarkable ways. What more to say.

It was indeed nice reading your blog. Thought of dropping you a line; will come back and read your posts and comment so that you have enough feedback from laymen like me. Hopefully, that would hone your skills better.

 
At August 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM , Blogger An Aspiring Journalist said...

Thank you for posting a comment. Please keep visiting my blog and help me hone my skills better:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home